Attention Juniors & Seniors Athletes:
Each year our swimming, diving, & water polo organization TISCA & NISCA offer academic awards to 11th & 12th students. The requirements are as follows:
1. To qualify for this award, you must (A) have a minimum GPA of 3.750 on a 4 point scale, or 93.7500% of the grade scale your school uses for 5 semesters (Juniors); 7 semesters (Seniors). GPA may not be rounded up
2. Be a junior or senior & have lettered in your high school program (swimming, diving, or water polo) your junior or senior year.
3. Copy of your school transcript. It can be unofficial.
4. Check with Coach Schreer in person or email him before since he has your GPA from the register to enter on the form.
5. Go to https://www.tiscaonline.org/clubs/6768/pages/178180
Or go to www.tiscaonline.org
then select forms from the pull downs; academic application
To complete the online forms which requires you to upload your transcripts.
6. Let Coach Mauss text through remind or email Jason.Mauss@springbranchisd.com
7. Due by May 15th, but let’s get them done ASAP.
Why complete this award?
First off you accomplished something that most people don’t achieve. Second, you can add this to your resume. Third, we want to celebrate your accomplishments by publishing the list as you leave your mark during your high school career.
April 15th Home Game Purple Monkey Tournament (Fans Allowed)
4:30 Varsity Girls vs. Dawson
5:20 Varsity Boys vs. Dawson
7:50 Varsity Girls vs. Stirling
8:40 Varsity Boys vs. Stirling
April 17th Purple Monkey Tournament (No bus/Carpool)
If 1st place on Thursday, play AT Pearland
Girls 8:30/10:30/1:30 play until lose.
Boys 3:30/5:30/8:30 play until lose.
If 2nd Place on Thursday, play AT Alvin HS
Girls 11:30 1 game
Boys 6:30 1 game
April 22th Home Scrimmage Varsity Boys vs. Westside (rescheduled) - Fans allowed
4:00 V Boys
Regionals Tournament @ CFISD (Fans Allowed-See links below for details)
April 20th Boys 5:00 PM vs. Cy Ranch (Diving Board Side)
April 24th Girls Elite 8 Regionals
April 24th Boys Elite 8 Regionals
April 26 Girls Final 4 at Regionals
April 27 Boys Final 4 at Regionals
May 1 Girls and Boys Championship & 3rd Place Game Morning
May 7 & 8 Girls State at Lewsiville, TX
May 14 & 15 Boys State at CFISD Nat
1, 2, 3 MEMORIAL!!!
The kids get really thirsty during water polo games. Please sign up to donate waters. All of the information is on the link.
MEMORIAL WATER POLO CLUB “The Adventure Begins”
The Memorial Swimming and Diving Team is embarking on some exciting times as we start playing water polo season this spring. We have experienced some great success in our aquatic programs. Now, we want to expand our program to include water polo to only strengthen our current swimming and diving programs. This is a great sport that will help develop your son’s or daughter’s skills as they build teamwork and have fun.
However, unlike swimming and diving, the sport of water polo is not sanctioned by the UIL until the FALL of 2022. The water polo programs in Texas high schools are sanctioned through TISCA. Since our water polo is not a UIL sport yet, our program must be self-financed.
Water Polo is the spring semester off season conditioning program for the swim team. We strongly encourage everyone to participate and learn from playing in games and practice.
● We expect each person to be respectful to every player, coach, and adult.
● We also expect each person to attend practices, activities, & games regularly.
● All players must have completed school physicals on file in order to participate.
● All players will follow all school/game rules and play cleanly during all activities.
Player Fees (player fees includes a team suit)
● $180 Entry Fee per person
○ Checks made out to “Mustang Water Polo Club” or Venmo @docjenwelch
● Reason: We will have to pay for tourney entry fees, officials, equipment, coaching, etc.
Schedule of Games
● We will play district games on Tuesday during the season.
● The season will run from March till May (STATE girls May 7-8 & boys 14-15).
Tournaments (3 teams)
● We will play in a tournament some weekends on Fri & Saturday. Many of our games will be at the SBISD Nat this season.
● We will have bus transportation for week away day games and practices. This year due to Covid-19 parents may transport athletes to games if they inform the coach.
Practices (mainly Monday-Friday unless games)
● Start of 8th period till -5:20 which will include swimming & polo
● The SBISD athletic Insurance will be valid during the water polo season.
Benefits of Water Polo
● Water polo offers the benefits of swimming with the social aspect of, say basketball or soccer. So you have the cardiovascular benefits of swimming but then you get the technical, tactical and social aspects of a team sport, which makes it extremely unique.
Parent Meeting: Thursday, March March 4th (Zoom)
● Please watch out for an email with login details.
Covid-19 / Social Distancing
● We will follow the TISCA & SBISD guidelines at games & practices. (See pages 3-4)
● If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact us at: e-mail: Jason.Mauss@springbranchisd.com or 832-797-1045
Coach Jason Mauss
Checks for payment made out to : “Mustang Water Polo Club” or Venmo @docjenwelch to pay your dues into our team account
If your athlete needs to see the athletic trainer, he/she will need this QR Code.
Would you like all the Swim/Dive/Water Polo Event Dates to be synced to your Outlook or Google Calendar? Follow these steps:
Head Swim Coach
Club Water Polo
Join Coach Mauss's Remind 101!
To receive the latest reminders from Coach Mauss, Text @jmau to the number 81010.